This forensic challenge is an invitation to every participant of one of the previous forensic courses to use their acquired knowledge in a fun and challenging environment and in order to address specific questions.
Forensic Analysis is based on the assumption that everything leaves a trace behind. A trace in an information system can be any data that helps to identify space and time actions. Post mortem analysis is a key tool to discover and analyse security incidents.
This course will teach the participant on how to find answers to what has happened by analysing different layer from the physical medium to the file system up to the application level.
- Perform disk acquisition the right way
- Introduce to file system analysis (NTFS/FAT)
- Analyse operating system artifacts (MS Windows)
- Find evidences in communication applications (e.g. browser or chat history)
- Forensic correlation with threat intelligence platform like MISP
This training is free-of-charge but there is a no-show fee of 40,- EUR if you register and don’t join us for the training without cancellation.
- Having participated in one of our previous forensic courses
- We encourage you to bring a laptop running Linux, either natively or in a virtual machine. An installation of Kali Linux is perfect. Please also download the material from https://www.circl.lu/services/forensic-training-materials/
Who benefits most from this training
- Employees of the IT department
- Local Incident Response Team
- IT security/DFIR interested
Knowledge of operating systems and IT security is required
This is an 8 hours training.
What is included
- Training material
- Light lunch
Request more information : email@example.com